Thread: Dynatech Maxx

02 Mag Red

Dynatech Maxx

Has anybody installed these on their C-5 ? I think this is what I am going to get but want more input .
    Joe

Stu
    Theres a GP going on over on corvetteforum. Danged good prices.

Nassau Blue
    1999 FRC Corvette

Ya, I have I put them on my 99 frc, and they fit very well, and have improved the sound and performance of the exhaust. I would only do one thing different I would get them coated prior to install as this would help with the underhood heat. Did it on my lift in my garage and it took me longer to get the stock exhaust off then to install the dynomaxx. It just barely passed the im240 emissions test here in Denver. Again the coating would help to keep the cats hotter and burn cleaner. I got them for a fair price as a local shop was trying to become a retailer and sold them to me for about 1200 bones. That was my major driving factor. If you do the install of any long tube headers and have a stock clutch do the clutch at the same time. As it is about 30% of the work needed to install the clutch. It is a real pain i.e. remove headers etc. after you just put them in!!! Headers finished off my stock clutch. I have had to rmv the headers and drop the diff/trans etc. and I ended up doing header install twice.

02 Mag Red
    Thanks , is it noisey in the car and how much louder out back ? I would not think it would that much louder . Where there any power increase ? they told me 20 hp at the crank .
    Joe
    Last edited by 02 Mag Red; 10-21-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Lingenfelter TT
    They are supposed to be great.

Nassau Blue
    1999 FRC Corvette

Ya, they are louder but it is not over the top. If I had to guess I would say about 10-15% louder outside, and 5-10% louder inside. There is a horsepower increase. I would say around 20-25 hp at crank just a guess, I have not been to a dyno, but it helped me eat my clutch.

02 Mag Red
    It has been awhile but I ordered the Exhaust today 1425.00 shipped . April 29th there is a Corvette Challenge in Bradenton . I am trying to drop a few tenths , I hope this works . I am also putting on new wires , plugs and oil change . Any Body Else Install Dyna Tech Exhaust ? Joe

i have them installed on my z-28. i know its not a c-5 but the quality of this system is great

Thread Information