Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Known rip offs

iTrader

black
    1997 corvette 00 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post
    anybody know anything about BlackBeautyWS6... i sent him money 2 weeks ago for a torque converter and have not heard from him about a tracking number or any proof that he sent it. he did message me back that he was on a trip and he would send it when he got back the next day but that was a week ago.any suggestions?

chris
    I see he is a member over on tech. Last time logged on was the 13th..http://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=86936

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

start a new thread, and get us links.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

OK BlackBeautyWS6 finally after sending a claim though the credit card sent me the converter. i got it Wednesday, 3 and a half weeks after i sent him the payment. but i got the part. wouldn't do business with him but he didn't scam me i guess.

chris

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post
    OK BlackBeautyWS6 finally after sending a claim though the credit card sent me the converter. i got it Wednesday, 3 and a half weeks after i sent him the payment. but i got the part. wouldn't do business with him but he didn't scam me i guess.

chris
    i'm glad you got it.

iTrader

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Find out his city and call the cops....

I was ripped off by Ebay and PayPal once for a "New T-Top". (that magically flew off my 2000 Formula, while touring down the interstate. By the way, it happened a third time last week--fortunately, it landed in the median and did not break, it's just all scratched up this time!).

While discussing this online, a retired police chief sent me a PM. He told me to call the detective squad in the city where the thief is located. The website has to cooperate as they know there is culpability on their part!

Apparently, you can get this info from PayPal or what ever method he used to collect your money. If they do not help you, a detective will. This has become another new rip--off for druggies and worthless scum who do not want to work for a living.

I say SHOOT the sons-a-bitches and throw their worthless carcass in a local pig lot! At least society will benefit someway--as the corpse is a food source for porkie pig!

Do you want to know what I really think?????

iTrader

WHITE
    2000 WS6

Parts for sale

try again.
    Last edited by 1fastcamarosss11; 03-26-2009 at 05:59 PM.

iTrader

black
    02 WS6

THATS A DAMN SHAME WE ALL IN THIS SPORT TOGETHER AND MORONS LIKE THIS MAKE IT HARD FOR ALL OF US.... WHAT A DICK!!!!!!!!!!!11

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    iTrader

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Well this entire thread confirms my fears about buying anything on the web. I never buy anything from people or sites on the web. Now I may never after all these stories. Sorry to here about all the trouble you guys have had man. Sheeeez hope you guys have better luck in future transactions. I'm spooked now though..Wow!

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

i gave some guy in my local town some wheels and he said he would pay me later..he was a good friend..months went by and apartently they got crushed in his uncles car crusher???(he sold them) i sent him a certified letter which was delivered by a cop to him directly..took him to court paid over 200 in paperwork and court costs..won the hearing which made him pay me 500+the 200 in court costs..he had ten days to pay me and never did...all i could do was file a judgement on him which is something aparently that will fuck his credit and not let him buy land or a vehicle...i did that and it costed me another 30 bucks!!!!!!!!! i say your guy needs an ass whoopin more than a certified letter!!!!

iTrader

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Using small claims is fun!

Small claims can work well. It did in Iowa for me back in 1992.

If he does not pay you, you might be able to seize his property. We did this on a carpet company that shorted us and patched the hallway together. THEY DID THE WHOLE home, but were short about 3 yards. I ended up getting my money back, PLUS the cost to remove it, and replace it.

This cost the guy $6000 on a $2900 sale! I ended up using the Sheriff's department to seize his bank account! THAT WAS FUN! Needless to say, the guy never ignored small claims court notices again.

JC

PS I would only do this on real jerks though

iTrader

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Pay Pal wouldn't even respond to me. The guy listed the T-top as "brand new GM T-top still in box". He took the money out of Pay Pal the same day! He promissed two day delivery (my son was stuck waiting for a t-top while out of town) but it never arrived until something like two or three weeks later. No, I didn't pay for a motel for a 17 year old for that long!
    What was worse, it was VERY used, probably off a wreck too. It was scratched and the lock was sticky and still is. IT BLEW OFF AGAIN two weeks ago, but lucky me, it never broke this time. COP was behind me and saw the whole thing! My daughter DID NOT lock it.
    ALWAYS LOCK YOUR T-TOPS!!! Even if going just 3 blocks!
    I swore NEVER to use Ebay or Pay Pal again.
    Last edited by C6 Corvette; 04-09-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: addition
    2008 Corvette Z06
    2006 Acura RSX
    2005 Acura TL
    2001 GMC Denali XL
    2000 Firebird Formula
    2002 Firehawk (wrecked)

iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Unrelated but related. I bought a laptop from a forum and I received a box with d and c batteries. I looked everywhere on the net and the more I looked the more the guy seemed legit. he had even said he was a Dell rep. He would buy and sell DEll parts on the forum for other members. I sent him 525.00 using a card and paypal. I had his phone number that was mysteriously disconnected the day the package showed up. I used the package address from by package and some posts. He was in Utah. I called the local local Police and I got this sherrif who said he knew the house and address and said he would check into it. I couldnt believe it when he called me back in about 20 minutes. He said his wife answered the door and she said she mailed it and I was lying. The cop knew something was funny when he couldnt get him on the cell number but the wife could. It was down hill from there for him. The cop told her to make sure he gets right with me or he would see him at work.

I was paypaled that day. I know its a miracle but it happened just like that. A local Florida sheriff wouldnt do a thing for me but this Utah sheriff was in their face in minutes. I believe he lied to his wife and everyone else.

iTrader

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I just took the time to read all 11 pages of this thread. To all of you who got your money back, I'm really glad. It is truly unfortunate that there are people like this out there. Hopefully Karma will play a hand here. Good luck to everyone else who is still fighting their disputes!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    iTrader

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I think the first "red" flag should have been the under 100 posts he had.
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-19-2009 at 03:41 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

iTrader

Charcoal
    2002 SS K&N FIPK

I don't know if there's any safe way to buy stuff. Purchased two Sony VAIO laptops from ebay through Paypal from JCMorris.com. Next, Todd Short (JCMorris.com owner) was destitute and homeless, then prosecuted and imprisoned. Over a million $ scammed, Paypal lost, everyone seemed to lose, some people bought 10 laptops from him, in the end I was a little over $2,000 poorer and that was that. The attorney prosecuting him told me no one knows where the moneys gone, and most likely no one will get their money back.

THE END.

iTrader

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

What is the best way to buy from somebody from on here. I dont wanna get scammed cause I dont mind getting an address and taking my happy ass out to the persons house, kicking the door in, and clearing each room one by one till I find the dog and tieing him up from their, and using some torture methods I have found to work very well from people who have been trained by the best. Any recommendations on this.

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

buying online is always a risk but our staff does a good job of keeping an eye on things here and other boards and we communicate very well together. check feedback on this site and others. get a phone number and call them. pay with a credit card through paypal. we havent had many problems here since we chaged our rules. good luck to you. if you need any parts let me know i can get anything.

iTrader

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Well I am currently in Iraq right now, so I have just been looking to have an x pipe ordered some nice decent headers, and cats and some kinda muffler. I dont want it to be extremely loud. But if you can find some kind of set up like this let me know, I know where I can buy the x pipe off the net at texas speed, and the headers but if you can get a good deal I wouldnt mind it. I should probably pm you about this stuff. But keep I would appreciate it if you could help thanks!

iTrader

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

DAMN, I Hate Scammers! It's losers like them who make people hesitant not only to buy, but to sell using Paypal. I've had to go through the Paypal dispute/claim process several times. I got ripped off on an ebay item on a 12" sub that I won for $135.00. After close to two weeks of excuses, I filed a dispute and then a claim. Paypal resolved the situation by giving me $0.01 back because that's all that the seller had in his account. They said that they'd try to recover the rest of my money but it's listed as a closed claim. Then I sold a JL Audio 1000/1 amp for $600.00 and the buyer said that he wanted it overnighted, which over $120.00. That's a total of $720+. I told the buyer that since he lived in Georgia, he should get it in two days and shipping would only be around $20.00. He said that he needed it overnighted, so I sent him an invoice and he paid using Paypal. There was a noticeable problem right away, the address that he wanted it sent to was not his verified paypal address. I told him that I would only ship to the verified address and after he complained that it was his parents address and that he just hasn't had a chance to update his new address yet. I told him that I'd refund his money if he didn't like it. He was hesitant, but agreed. So I transferred the $720 from Paypal to my bank account. Well, two days later, I check my email in the morning and I see that I have an email from Paypal. I opened it and it said that the buyer has filed a dispute on the amp because he didn't receive it and I had a negative $720.00 balance and a hold had been placed on my account. I sent them the tracking #, but Paypal still refused to take the negative balance and hold off of my account. I tried contacting the buyer, but never got any responses. I spent about a week stewing over the fact that I now no longer had my $720 or my amp. I kept trying to locate where this dirtbag lived. Then, about a week later, I got a call from the local FedEx office saying that they had a package for me that had been returned. I asked them if it was the item I had shipped a little over a week ago and they said it was and that it had been denied by the persons whose address I had sent it to. They informed me that he said his paypal account had been compromised. I got LUCKY!!! I picked the returned amp up right away and it hadn't even been opened. I hooked it up to make sure it was the same amp and it powered up. I really dodged a bullet.

One word of advice: When selling using Paypal, make sure you get direct signature confirmation. Even if you have a tracking # that shows it was delivered, unless you have signature confirmation, you will still lose.
    -99 WS6 Silver: Procharger P1SC, TR 224/227, LS6 Intake, Hooker LT's and ORY, Racetronix & more.
    -00 WS6 NMB: Futral F11, LS6 intake, Hooker LT's, Custom ORY, NX. Bolt-ons & suspension
    -02 WS6 Kandy Copper: Torquer v2, LS6 intake, PS LT's & ORY, DMH, Racetronix, Bolt-ons & Suspension. Big Plans

iTrader

http://russian-brides-bes
    insorned73

Known rip offs

What are the BIGGEST RIP-OFFS to avoid? In this thread please list from experience or examination the biggest scams or rip-offs you have come across as a warning to others.

Lets help each other avoid money sucking traps

Derek Jung

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information