black
    99 z28 a4

trans go hd2 input

im thinkin about installing a trans go hd2 kit... i just wanted to know if theres anything i should kno up front before i commit and get balls deep into it... like how many spacers and is it ok on stock servos? not race car just lookin for firmer shifts trans life and squawk the tires... any input is appreciated... ( or jack this thread and talk about something cooler...lol)

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I wanna know the exaact same thing.

Black/Charcoil stripes
    2001 Trans Am WS6

i had mine put in by my local trans guy just make sure you have torque managment taken off on your tune afterwards or you wont be "squawking" any tires

black
    99 z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by ssman00 View Post
    i had mine put in by my local trans guy just make sure you have torque managment taken off on your tune afterwards or you wont be "squawking" any tires
    good to kno... i dunt get the point of torque managment anyway...

white
    01 formula

i agree the torque management should come off, but a firm shift can be achieved without a formall shift kit in these cars just by simply flipping the arrangement of the accumulator piston. guaranteed to sqwak the tires . and if you going to hav a trans guy do this any way justhave him do thatinsead of the shift kit and a fluid change its right there by the filter , but thats just my 2c

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by fieropope View Post
    i agree the torque management should come off, but a firm shift can be achieved without a formall shift kit in these cars just by simply flipping the arrangement of the accumulator piston. guaranteed to sqwak the tires . and if you going to hav a trans guy do this any way justhave him do thatinsead of the shift kit and a fluid change its right there by the filter , but thats just my 2c
    Just make sure you or they don't go no more than 1/2 turn or your traction control will kick in and there want be no barking of the tires.I did mines and 1/2 was too much I ended up with 1/4 turn. Wish i had gone just alittle bit more.Write down the amount of turns so if you every git a tune you can have it done. But I have been told you need to return it back to stock location before you have it done.It was just where I wanted at frist but I had to always turn off the traction control or I got feed back from the gas pedal.every time it shifted.No more than 1/2 turn. you will see why.

white
    01 formula

streetfighter are you talking about turning up the epc sol? cause yeah 1/4 turn is about all you would ever want to do , any more and you run the risk of breaking the pump rotor , i flipped the accum. and spring and turned the epc a 1/4 turn and itl rock 3rd if its damp ,i just turn the trac cont. off when i get in the car ,and if i dont i get pushed off the pedal when it hits second , then i turn it off lol

white
    01 formula

Quote Originally Posted by 900HPBIRD View Post

Awaiting Activation

White
    2000 Trans Am

i just bought the same trans go hd2 kit..i looked in the box and damnn thats a lot of stuff to change..much more then normal trans go kit, should i sell it and just do the modifications you guys talked about?

white
    01 formula

if your up for drillin holes, taking out the servo cover(which is a bitch)to instal a shim that does nothing but wear your band more.and changing more things than you ever need to change go for it. but really what i said to do here will give you exactly what your wanting and since ive done too many 4l60e's it only took me 10 min to do . i pulled my car in the shop as a soft shifting turd 10 min later pulled out down the road hit second an left a 4 foot posi mark on the road on 3/4 tread tires. so ya itll do what ya want.

Thread Information