Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can i run E85

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Why? because I lose around half a second in the 1/4 between 40 and 90 degrees. ...its not the cars temperature...its the air temperature that is being cooled. Cooler air = denser air = more power.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...hlight=500rwhp
    +110% what he said,use it when its hot out stay consistant,we all know how bad the GTO has issues with heat soak,alky can level the playing field.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_OHIO View Post
    Why? because I lose around half a second in the 1/4 between 40 and 90 degrees. ...its not the cars temperature...its the air temperature that is being cooled. Cooler air = denser air = more power.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    1+ No it doesn't.

I'm NA and I'm going to be adding methanol this year for cooling for when it's 80+ degrees out... not for any additional power.
    You contradicted your first statement. You are using it for more power.

Cooling your air to feed more air density into a cylinder or using an oxidizer all comes down to more power.

Meth is not used to "cool your engine". Its for power just like N2O.

Not trying to be a dick just lets clear some things up.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

For the same affect you could place a small intercooler inline with your intake. I would prefer that since then you can claim N/A on pump gas and run in that class.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

I've been using E-85 in an 05 GTO and 2000 Camaro SS for years. I've had the GTO fuel tank apart 3 times, swapping a Walbro fuel pump and fixing......., the point is there are absolutely no issues or problems using E-85 in these cars. There is no deterioration of O-rings, there is no rust or water in the tank. All cars made in the last 20 years have been built with the requirement that they may have E10 put in the fuel tank. It is rediculous to assume that they were designed for E10 but that E20 would make them fall apart. Or E85.....

E-85 does not kill baby seals or the spotted owl. It does have 105 octane, helps cool the intake charge, and is American made.

I did use it in my chain saw once when I was out of gas. The fuel line melted and fell off inside the tank. Do not use this stuff on rubber. Modern cars fuel lines are plastic.
    Last edited by ericwilloughby; 04-16-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Thread Information