Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Do you usually hold onto a car for only a year or so and then trade? Man, that sure is throwing away a lot of money in depreciation. If you would just keep one longer, you could use that money for some nice mods that would be much more enjoyable. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Good luck.

No, i'll probably have this Impala for a few years, the GTO would be an extra vehicle like the Camaro was.

Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I traded in my 04 Impala SS for a 2002 Z28. The camaro is way better, trust me.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by beel61
    No, i'll probably have this Impala for a few years, the GTO would be an extra vehicle like the Camaro was.
    If the Camaro was your extra vehicle, why didn't you keep it and trade in whatever your daily driver was for the Impala?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by thelastz28
    I traded in my 04 Impala SS for a 2002 Z28. The camaro is way better, trust me.

Well, I hurt my back so it was hard to get in/out, the Camaro was going to be going into winter storage in a month and a half, the warranty was up in november, insurance was $150/month (even for a 40 y/o with a clean record), and when it came out of storage next spring it would have depreciated even more. I found ONE dealer that would give me 3-4 thousand more than any other dealer on trade on a 05 Impala that had 9k off the window sticker. If want another LS-1 car, there seem to be plenty for sale, with prices continuing to go down. And after driving a new GTO, the Camaro just seemed "dated", even though it only had 24k miles and is only 4 years old.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I know the feeling. I had a bad injury from a mission and had to have a two-level fusion (L3-L4-L5 fused together with titanuim rods and a bone graft from my illiac crest). Back pain sucks, but I deal with it. It helps being in great physical shape with regular workouts to stay strong. Otherwise, getting in/out of mine (I have several such toys) would be tough.

$150/month for insurance? Where do you live? I'm 40 and my insurance is a little more that half that for full, high-limit coverage. Well, I do get discounts for multiple coverages, etc., but I understand.

True, you can always get another LS1 car, but you never know what has been done to it. I always buy mine new and hold 'em a long time, because for one thing, I like to know everything that has been done to my vehicles. But that's just me.

Good luck to you and I hope your back gets much better.

Thread Information