Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

White
    89 Nissan S13 240sx DOHC

just think about it all the way. good luck though. why not just make your honda look like a mustang? with a nice custom earo kit it could look like a mustang.
    Last edited by Guitar Nut; 09-23-2008 at 02:38 PM.

hugger orange

ok, I have an update for anyone that's interested.
    finally got some time over Christmas to work on the project.
    the honda is now stripped down to a bare rolling chassis, just sheetmetal frame extensions, cowl, rockers and floor boards.
    the mustang is in the air with the floor and everything infront of the cowl gone.
    I finally got my computer running at 100% so l get some pics posted hwre in the next few days!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah but you will never get 30 MPG in it. If you get over 27, I'll buy you some beer. At least you aren't destroying a classic GTO. Yes, pictures please.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yeah but you will never get 30 MPG in it. If you get over 27, I'll buy you some beer. At least you aren't destroying a classic GTO. Yes, pictures please.
    I can't wait to get it done and scale it out to see just how much it weighs in the end. its an auto (only because she's 70 and can't drive stick) that will drop the mileage, but I'm getting a good deal on the suspension goodies so if I come in under budget the 1.6 vtec is gonna get a turbo setup ($800 I wish I could find that price on a setup for the Goat) the turbo should bring the mpg back up some

hugger orange

here is what the 66 mustang looked like when i fired it up and drove it off the trailer

here is the 96 honda civic runs great front passenger side corner crushed in from a deer hit

front of honda stripped down and ready to be cut off and slammed under the mustang

here is the mustang with the front half stripped

here are the two side by side. the green line iwhere the honda is getting cut inhalf.
    front half will go in place first, rear will go in second, then i will fill in the 5 inch gap last

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

This doesn't make any sense to me?

She wants a nice car that she can putt around in but she is going to be driving it in bad weather?

Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

Looks pretty cool, even though I hate front wheel drive. Feel more comfortable in rear-wheel drives. Gotta respect a project that involved. Reminds me of the Stang in that gay Fast and Furious Tokyo drift movie, but I was really pissed about THAT blasphemy. And they made it look like a cake walk. Keep us updated!

pewter
    2000 ss

Ya, your kind of mean. Stangs suck as a matter of principle but I'd hate to see one served over rice. I had a 68 and put chain on it for winter driving. I guess I should have cut it in half instead.
    Last edited by speedingfish; 01-04-2009 at 01:00 AM.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by speedingfish View Post
    Ya, your kind of mean. Stangs suck as a matter of principle but I'd hate to see one served over rice. I had a 68 and put chain on it for winter driving. I guess I should have cut it in half instead.
    i only went with the honda for three reasons, price of parts, accessibility to parts (lots of young ricers out there tearing up their hondas), and they are very easy to work on.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    This doesn't make any sense to me?

She wants a nice car that she can putt around in but she is going to be driving it in bad weather?
    we get ice, and snow here and she doesnt want to be stuck in the house and afraid of spinning out (she is 70)

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i dont understand why everyone is asking so many why question especially by now so many different kinds of hybrid swaps have been done... i think this is a really really cool idea. the irony in it is enough to make me want to do it. the only downfall is i cant standddddddd the sound they make when hopped up and that engine will have to have a few power adders due to the extra weight its pulling but overall its a wonderful idea and cant wait to see the finished product.

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

I agree with Bullet, the build is Different and Unique. I have a 69 Mach 1 at my Shop being built(my brother in laws) he's gonna Flip tonight whenI tell him about this.

To each his own and I say keep it up, losing interest is easy to do. If I ran across a horse served over rice it would most definately get my attention, but being that this is your Moms car I doubt she'll want to go Street Racing. To those of you that have never driven one of these early horses let me tell you they handle like crap. The Fast ones were designed to go Fast and Straight, proof can be found in the Trans Am Series results from the late 60's.

I will add only one more thing, I'm Glad you did not do this to a Nice Muscle Car, some of the nicest cars from the late 60's IMO are the Fastbacks and Mach 1's. The 70½ Z28 is the reason I quit looking at Stangs.

Best of Luck, Build it I'm Subscribed.

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Just noticed they are both 4 Lugs, will the horses hubcaps fit the ricers rims?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Z34LS1 View Post
    Just noticed they are both 4 Lugs, will the horses hubcaps fit the ricers rims?
    the hub caps would fit if I kept the stock honda wheels, but the caps are rusty and going to put a nice set of chrome or polished 17's, I'd like to get a 5 spoke SS style wheel to keep it looking muscle car from the outside.
    whwn it comes to the final weight, the finished car looks like it actually going to weigh less than the stock honda civic......no airbag system, etc.....most of the weight of the old stang was outdated heavyass running gear and suspension, I am even suprised at how light the 66 body is.
    she picked out the mustang, and likes the notch back over the fastback which saves even more weight .
    trust me lol its not gonna be a loud obnxious ricer sounding exhaust.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
    Looks pretty cool, even though I hate front wheel drive. Feel more comfortable in rear-wheel drives. Gotta respect a project that involved. Reminds me of the Stang in that gay Fast and Furious Tokyo drift movie, but I was really pissed about THAT blasphemy. And they made it look like a cake walk. Keep us updated!
    lol that was a horrible movie, the only reason I watch it over and over is to stare at the hotass asian girls wearing hardly nothing

Sport Gold Metallic
    98 z28...sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information