Thread: slp tune

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

slp tune

was woundering if anybody is selling the diablo tuning program from slp
    and/or the slp long tube headers with the y-pipe and cats for a 99 camaro z-28 m6

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

diablo = POS

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    diablo = POS
    slp=biger pos

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Give him a brake he is new.
    Also 99z-28 check the for sale section and if you don't find amything make a post in the wanted section.

Ryan

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

im not trying to be a ass to him just trying to keep im out of the junk parts of slp. the only good stuff they make is the lid, fan swith kit, and line lock.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    im not trying to be a ass to him just trying to keep im out of the junk parts of slp. the only good stuff they make is the lid, fan swith kit, and line lock.
    SFC and torque arm are decent. And CME of course!

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

im not trying to make everything slp just wanted the headers and y pipe the only reason i want the diablo tuner is because the guy at slp said it has a speacial tune in it that will also pass emissons i live in ohio so if i can get another progam to pass emissons i use it will but i dont really want a generic tuning program

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    im not trying to make everything slp just wanted the headers and y pipe the only reason i want the diablo tuner is because the guy at slp said it has a speacial tune in it that will also pass emissons i live in ohio so if i can get another progam to pass emissons i use it will but i dont really want a generic tuning program
    First off, DON'T get SLP headers...There terrible. There stainless and they RUST! Think about that for a second...Stainless rusting. Also, the older ones will scrap VERY bad. The new ones are supposed to be better, but I don't buy it for a second. Get some ARH or Kooks. You won't be sorry.

Second, don't listen to the idiots at SLP. If anythings generic, the Diablo with whatever BS they've loaded into it is generic...

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    First off, DON'T get SLP headers...There terrible. There stainless and they RUST! Think about that for a second...Stainless rusting. Also, the older ones will scrap VERY bad. The new ones are supposed to be better, but I don't buy it for a second. Get some ARH or Kooks. You won't be sorry.

Second, don't listen to the idiots at SLP. If anythings generic, the Diablo with whatever BS they've loaded into it is generic...
    what would you suggest to do if was going to put on either one of those headers to pass the emissons test

ONYX BLACK
    01 SS

i just bought a car with slp longtubes and high flow cats on it and i was getting a cel also. i have to pass em in utah as well so i just bought some o2 sims to turn off the light to pass emissions for now until i can get a tune and get them tuned out. i got them cheap from a member here in the classifieds.
    it is a cheap fix for now?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    what would you suggest to do if was going to put on either one of those headers to pass the emissons test
    Just get the Kooks or ARH with the catted Y and you shouldn't have any problems what so ever. I'd get a ORY and get the o2 codes deleted if it were mine, along with !AIR, !EGR, and !CAGS if you haven't already.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

kooks is the best and last time i looked they had a y with cats on it that sould get you started. then find a shop and get a real tune. it sould be less the the hand held and you will get more out of it.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

You also could get a mail order tune from a member on here named Frost. I think the tune is under $150. 150 is cheaper that a hand held tuner and you don't have to mess with O2 sims if you are deleting your cats.

Ryan

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

thanks guys im gana start looking further into it gata get some more money just spent about $1800 last week on my car

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

I have SLP Long Tube Headers...they perform great!

But they are rusting, mostly plittle spots right now, and they are ceramic coated. I've had them about 18 months. I will be changing the some day. And my ground learance blows! I drag on a stick of Wrigley's.

First, saying Stainless doesn't say a whole lot. There are so many types...alloys.

And Energy can change how stainless something is. The heat of the exhaust and the road vibration alters the metallic bond structure. You should find next to no magnetic pull with stainless. I bet if found my magnets I could start at the cats, which won't pull at all, and I bet I can get my stronger NdFeB magnets to stick by the time I get to the exhaust ports...if not now, in 6 to 9 months.

blue
    2002 ws6

slp redisigned thier headers so the typical ground issue that everyone hated is supose to be done now .....

if you can spend the extra chash i would recomend dynatech i have them with thier high flow cat system (live in emission state) and they are great, easy to install and sond good, buddy of mine has mac and they where a bit of a pain to install compaired to mine but besides that still good..

and as far as slp stuff goes my opinion is just like any other company they have some good stuff and some not so good stuff ... got thier short throw shifter, great price great product and just droped right in no tirming or nothing needed..

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BowTied View Post
    I have SLP Long Tube Headers...they perform great!

But they are rusting, mostly plittle spots right now, and they are ceramic coated. I've had them about 18 months. I will be changing the some day. And my ground learance blows! I drag on a stick of Wrigley's.

First, saying Stainless doesn't say a whole lot. There are so many types...alloys.

And Energy can change how stainless something is. The heat of the exhaust and the road vibration alters the metallic bond structure. You should find next to no magnetic pull with stainless. I bet if found my magnets I could start at the cats, which won't pull at all, and I bet I can get my stronger NdFeB magnets to stick by the time I get to the exhaust ports...if not now, in 6 to 9 months.
    I've got SLP headers to and it was the worst decision i ever made! it was 4 years ago and i was stupid. not like much has changed, But Stay away from SLP! I just lowered my car and now i have no ground clearance. im waiting till i put a hole in them (which wont be long) to buy new Kooks. which i think are the best out there. just my $.02

Thread Information