Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

when i searched for that all i got was THIS thread....

red
    1999 Firehawk

Reading thru this thread it's impressive how much power these motors make naturally aspirated. Any head/ cam recommendations for a car that has to pass emissions and stock torque convertor? Not looking for big numbers more interested in a car that pulls hard from down low.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by mike13 View Post
    Reading thru this thread it's impressive how much power these motors make naturally aspirated. Any head/ cam recommendations for a car that has to pass emissions and stock torque convertor? Not looking for big numbers more interested in a car that pulls hard from down low.
    220's/ 580's with 113 lsa.
    stage 2 patriot heads.
    you should get a small converter too, 2800- 3200 it will really wake up the car.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mike13 View Post
    if your not looking for big numbers, i suggest a converter and gears that will do more for down low than most HP upgrades.

red
    1999 Firehawk

I plan on putting a convertor in the car down the road if or when I need to pull the trans. As far as gears it came optioned with 3.23 rear gear, is that a good start? I'm mostly concerned about drivibility and passing emissions. Washington state they plug into your diagnostic port, no roller test on newer obdII cars.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

hummm others will have to chime in to be sure but as long as you leave the cat's in tact with the 02 sensors you should be golden.

I swear i could never let some idiot plug anything into my car. my luck he'd screw the whole thing up.

If you have a good tuner you can do anything you want to the car and get it to pass emissions ( within reason of course) but certain changes in the car will require tune changes to make everything come out OK with your 02's

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    I have a 2000 M6 with Edelbrock shorty headers, no cats, custom 3 inch exhaust w/x pipe, slp lid, Granatelli Maf, and 160 thermo. Being installed as we speak is the FAST 92 intake, 92mm Throttle body, and 515hp Trick Flow Heads and Cam Package. I am hoping to be around 450RWHP. I will post my numbers when everything is finished, My installer is also doing a custom dyno tune. I want a badass weekend driver that will take any ford on the streets. I hope this will do it. Tell me what you all think!
    Just remember though, there's always someone faster.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

He guys, I am sorry I have no been around to answer the questions previously asked. My car is a once a month driver, if I am lucky. I am a cop in Florida which keeps me working usually 6 days a week. I dream every night about waxing up the SS and taking some photos to post on here. I just never get a chance. My numbers are right under my avatar. I promise I will try to get some pics up soon and answer any questions about the TF 515 package. I still have not got LT headers yet. Feel free to ask any questions, this same post will be copied over to my other post.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information