Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by NJ 666 View Post
    Stole it...I mean bought it off the net like 7 years ago with that paint job. Was a former S/G car in NJ. I bought it fro upstate NY. A shame I haven't driven that car yet...it's almost done. Long story behind the car.
    Shady...maybe adopt another tax write off.
    fair enough

Black
    Y2K Camero SS

pantherlifts.com works great for me, 2 post 9K lift 1495.00 + shippimg.
    I use it most have also an old station center post lift, but it will not compare to the 2 post

Johnny
    Last edited by SS SLP2; 08-02-2008 at 10:30 PM.
    Y2K SS (SLP #239)
    Completly STOCK heads/bore/stroke/weight
    & NOTHING else ---is stock
    "NAW-NAW- just a Sunday goto meeting car, my best time is not in the 12's------- any more "
    ps: I am not soliticing work as I am retired
    >>>info on alignments
    http://www.jgruggles.com

NBM
    1998 Z-28

We have a couple Benwil lifts and one Rotary at work, the Rotary is better by far. A very smooth lift both up and down, not to mention it is the most versatile of our lifts, it can raise anything from Minin Coopers to 3/4 ton trucks. The build quality on the Rotary is awesome as well.

Daily Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    please believe when i build my first house..i will have at least 2 lifts in my garage...and on that day ..my wife/gf will probably start filing for divorce

Daily Driver!
    did you guys install it your self???? how difficult was it? or how much did pay for install?

I'm going to go see one tomorrow, its a used Benwill 2 post, low ceiling model for $1000

what do you guys think?

Black
    99SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    will she marry me?
    Shady I almost forgot my wife has 3 sisters......but 2 are married.

Quote Originally Posted by deftunes View Post
    did you guys install it your self???? how difficult was it? or how much did pay for install?

I'm going to go see one tomorrow, its a used Benwill 2 post, low ceiling model for $1000

what do you guys think?
    I had them installed by the selling dealer. I think my insurance company wanted that. Also, I have seen too many things go wrong. I put my dually on them and I don't want any doubts. I think mine were around $3k each installed maybe $3,400 I can't remember. I also got a compressor,alignment rack and used tire machine,wheel balancer and alignment machine from them so they gave me a package deal.

Black
    Y2K Camero SS

Quote Originally Posted by deftunes View Post

what do you guys think?
    2 sons and I installed in 4-6 hours,goofing about,
    price sounds good,
    check all the cables,chains,sprocks/pullies for wear
    good luck,Johnny

Daily Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by SS SLP2 View Post
    2 sons and I installed in 4-6 hours,goofing about,
    price sounds good,
    check all the cables,chains,sprocks/pullies for wear
    good luck,Johnny
    thanks for the tips SS SLP2
    2000 Z28, A4, K&N, 3.73's, Hooker Headers & catback, ORY, Dyno Tune 331HP. 3800 Stall. Daily Driver

Ray's Differentials
    If you need work done or parts shoot me a pm, email or call 562-239-8346 raysdifferentials@gmail.com

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I was wondering what the rotary lifts cost,then i read it in some of the post up above,they seem nice but the one I have has worked flawlessly for over year now its picked up my silverado ,my 70 monte,and several goats,also lots of other cars ,guess my question is why pay twice as much for something to do the same job,then again most of my tools are craftsman,its all preference.personally id rather spend my money for some thing else I want.not knocking the rotary lifts im sure they are the bomb,$1500 more id had 2 lifts..but hey im a poor boy trying to go fast money saved one place gets me other things elsewheres.

Daily Driver!

Talking

well I had to pour 2 rectangles of new concrete with the required psi and thickness, my drive way only had 3.25" and they required a min of 4.5", i had them pour 6" for added safety.

I'm waiting on the fresh concrete drying. My lift should be installed on this Thursday by this company that specializes on this kind of stuff.

The only thing i have to deal with is the electrical. It's about 12' from the motor to the 220v outlet. Any tips or suggestions?

Grey/ white
    1955 chevy 210 Sedan

I have a 10k Bendpac 2 post and really love it. Installed it myself and would not work on cars without it now. Only thing I did wrong was use hydraulic fluid
    and it was way slow going down in the winter. I now use atf, and it is mo better.

Which one?
    73;79;81;84;88;98

I have a used rotary 4 post lift i bought from a garage going out of business for a grand. I installed it myself. Works great. It came with the center air jacks that will lift the car up too. Check around for deals and places going out. You can get a deal if you look around. Rotary is what a lot of garages use tho so i recommend after having one. Def have at least 14 foot ceilings or you will regret it.

Ford

midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

x 2 on the eagle lifts...but i dont think they are made in the US anymore. We have 3 of them also and have never had any problems with them...execpt for hitting my head on the damn arms while changing oil

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

i cant wait to buy a house in fort drum NY * military guy here* and hopefuly with some property so i can put up a nice garage with a lift..makes clutch swaps a hell of a lot easier

Dangerous, unless they are the massive single cyclinder type. Consider a pit, much safer.

Black
    99SS

Quote Originally Posted by RaSScal View Post
    Dangerous, unless they are the massive single cyclinder type. Consider a pit, much safer.
    What's danderous?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RaSScal View Post
    Dangerous??

The posts are mounted deep inside the concrete secured by anchor bolts. All the components are heavy gauge steel, and the lifts have 3 mechanisms - the hydraulics themselves, the chain locks, and the locks that click as the lift goes up. Once you get to the desired height, you just lower it back down onto the locks and the weight is no longer on the hydraulics or chains, its on the lock mechansim, which is designed to hold the weight of the vehicle in the air. When properly installed and operated, there is absolutely nothing "dangerous" about them.

Daily Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Dangerous??

The posts are mounted deep inside the concrete secured by anchor bolts. All the components are heavy gauge steel, and the lifts have 3 mechanisms - the hydraulics themselves, the chain locks, and the locks that click as the lift goes up. Once you get to the desired height, you just lower it back down onto the locks and the weight is no longer on the hydraulics or chains, its on the lock mechansim, which is designed to hold the weight of the vehicle in the air. When properly installed and operated, there is absolutely nothing "dangerous" about them.
    I with you on this one... i just got mine installed. I'll post some pics up soon.

Thread Information