Thread: USED 4.10's

CamaroSSx1999

USED 4.10's

just bought some GM 4.10's, and he said they had to grind on the ring alittle to slide it in? there straight across from eachother on the inner side, just alittle grinding..... the pinion is fine. he said when he had it in he had it cammed and was running 400hp and he used a crush collar instead of a soild crush collar and hes friend who did it didnt set the backlash right and it broke the crush collar. and he told me to buy a soild crush collar and i'd b fine... im basically at stock hp...

CamaroSSx1999
    4.10's vs 3.73's, which is better for 1/4....

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

It depends on the rest of your car. The rule of thumb is usually 4.10 for 1/4 mile and 3.73 for Auto X and road coursing. There was a guy here who had 4.10's and they were too much gear on his supercharged LS1. What I mean is by the end of the quarter mile he was bouncing of the rev limiter in 4th gear. (You do not want to have to shift into overdrive in the 1/4 mile). So in his case 3.73's were better. But I've heard of guys going even to 4.56's but that asking for a broken rear IMO.

I'm going to be putting 3.73's soon on mine (they are sitting on my garage right now) I'll let you know how it goes when I go to the track. I havent been to the track but once this year before the exhaust install. So I'm hopping for 12 seconds slips if I can get my street tires to hook. I'm hoping also to make it to the local road course track so I'll see how it gows. Next hopefully be a nice set of Koni SA or DA on all corners.
    Last edited by Killer_bluebird; 08-24-2005 at 09:47 PM.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

Thread Information