Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

blue
    1998 trans am

Large dispacement, lots of gear, and a 4-speed.

I agree!

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    hahah i vote king cobra!

or just about any mustang...
    This is all youd see anyways

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Had to do that !

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

That is definitely the LAMEST muscle car ever, perfect thread to place it on!

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    does anyone else think they were trying to copy the trans am of that era with the hood snake and t-tops? looks to me like a bad rip off job, haha
    Yep, I agree ...

Engines: 2.3 liter I4 102 bhp @ 5200 rpm. 2.8 liter V6 119 bhp @ 5200 rpm. 302 V8 134 bhp @ 3600 rpm, 247 lb-ft @ 1800.
    Performance: 302 V8: 0-60 in 10.5 seconds, 1/4 mile in 16.59 seconds @ 82.41 mph.

My Dad worked for Ford. All cars of that era were pretty bad.

Celicas, Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes .... it was sad.

I bought a Celica and a Capri II in those years. That V6 Capri wasn't bad;

I mean 140 out of a car in those days was pretty darn fast !! Add some sways and some headers etc... it was something I could live with.... We'll that was until I built the '73 Camaro 350HP/ 350 ... now that was nice....

Last edited by Mecinoid; 02-20-2008 at 12:03 AM.

I believe American Motors put out a ugly as sin Rambler as a Musclecar..not much as a race but the bad weight transfer did make a good burnout machine, Unfortunately it never went foreward too quick...Name this CAR?

P.s> powered by a 390 engine

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

SC Rambler ...

Which I believe was sold and turned into a AMC AMX in later years:

Last edited by Mecinoid; 02-26-2008 at 08:33 PM.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

king cobra hands down

poor Hurst

Having to put the Hurst Name on a Rambler was a Sin then AND even now..

In a runoff between the SC/Hurst Rambler and the King Cobra I believe, If we could keep from Gackin' we COULD outwalk them in the quarter( they broke a LOT)

p.s The Ramblers SC monicker had to mean Sick Car...

Quote Originally Posted by MstrMstr View Post
    Having to put the Hurst Name on a Rambler was a Sin then AND even now..

In a runoff between the SC/Hurst Rambler and the King Cobra I believe, If we could keep from Gackin' we COULD outwalk them in the quarter( they broke a LOT)

p.s The Ramblers SC monicker had to mean Sick Car...
    Are you kidding? They had a great power to weight ratio. Friend of mine held the E or F stock NHRA record for a while with one of those cars back then. I give AMC credit for giving the wild paint schemes a shot just as chrysler and many others were doing back then. In no way a lame muscle car in my book.

Nothing wrong with the 390's,,,,,the little AMX was a terror as well, light weight,,,and tons of records held and broken on the drag strips with the little red/white/blue AMX's. Are you guys too young to remember these???? There were even purpose built drag cars back then from AMC.....A lame muscle car???? I don't love AMC's but they more than earned there respect on the drag strip back in the day. I just think you guys are too young to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    SC Rambler ...

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    The AMX and the SC Rambler (often referred to as the Scrambler) were of the same era. The AMX first came out in 68,,,,the SC Rambler (Scrambler) came out in 69 along with the AMX, both produced on different platforms but drivetrains were similar. The Scrambler was a one year only production (1969),,,,,In 1970 the SC Rambler was gone and replaced with the Rebel Machine,,,,often referred to as just the "Machine" These were a little bigger and heavier. Again a 1 year production. The AMX ran from 68 to about 1974 I believe. So first came the AMX, then the Scrambler, then the Machine, and all the while AMX's were still being produced.

All of these cars are sought after today and bring killer money now. Low production numbers keep them in high demand.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

I am a GM guy, but I don't believe there was a "lame" muscle car in any make or model. I have respect and enjoy all of them. They all have their plusses and minuses and their own place in car history.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    SC Rambler ...

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

I kinda like it!
    Click for full size
    I kinda like it!

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    I am a GM guy, but I don't believe there was a "lame" muscle car in any make or model. I have respect and enjoy all of them. They all have their plusses and minuses and their own place in car history.
    A very respectfull comment coming from a 23 year old.

I'm right there with ya. Although a GM man myself, I like them all. Shucks I would even park a chrysler or a ford in my garage if it were the right one,,,,,I love the bigger fords like the Torino from 69-70, all it needs is a cobra jet and it's worthy in my book. Also love the big fords from 62-64, with a 406 or 427 I wouldn't mind having it in the garage.
    Any 440/6-pack or hemi car is okay with me,,,,I'd own one. Problem is they have all reached a price range I am unwilling to pay. So I guess I'll stick with the GM muscle I have. My father would shoot me if this gets out

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    A very respectfull comment coming from a 23 year old.

I'm right there with ya. Although a GM man myself, I like them all. Shucks I would even park a chrysler or a ford in my garage if it were the right one,,,,,I love the bigger fords like the Torino from 69-70, all it needs is a cobra jet and it's worthy in my book. Also love the big fords from 62-64, with a 406 or 427 I wouldn't mind having it in the garage.
    Any 440/6-pack or hemi car is okay with me,,,,I'd own one. Problem is they have all reached a price range I am unwilling to pay. So I guess I'll stick with the GM muscle I have. My father would shoot me if this gets out
    thanks man!

I actually kinda like the king cobras! I even liked the 73 falcon on Mad Max! http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/int.../history1.html

and the AMX is bad ass.
    I mean look how different the styling of second generation fbodys were from all the other muscle cars of that period . . if they hadn't been so popular, they too may have seemed ugly to some people(prob still do).
    Power output is a different story, my 80 formula had 140 hp from the factory (it now has a 402 bb lol). They can be considered a "muscle" car and not have over 175 hp stock, because hell its not like that low hp motor was gonna stay in there after a motorhead like us got ahold of it.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Are you kidding? They had a great power to weight ratio. Friend of mine held the E or F stock NHRA record for a while with one of those cars back then. I give AMC credit for giving the wild paint schemes a shot just as chrysler and many others were doing back then. In no way a lame muscle car in my book.

Nothing wrong with the 390's,,,,,the little AMX was a terror as well, light weight,,,and tons of records held and broken on the drag strips with the little red/white/blue AMX's. Are you guys too young to remember these???? There were even purpose built drag cars back then from AMC.....A lame muscle car???? I don't love AMC's but they more than earned there respect on the drag strip back in the day. I just think you guys are too young to remember.
    No doubt, the SCramber wasn't pretty, but it got the job done. Don't forget the AMX at the time was the only other American Made 2-seat sports car besides the Vette. I give 'lil-'ol AMC big respect for getting into the Muscle-Car game when it was most competitive and making the rest of the competition take notice w/ good performance. You cannot put the SCrambler or AMX in the same category as the King Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    No doubt, the SCramber wasn't pretty, but it got the job done. Don't forget the AMX at the time was the only other American Made 2-seat sports car besides the Vette. I give 'lil-'ol AMC big respect for getting into the Muscle-Car game when it was most competitive and making the rest of the competition take notice w/ good performance. You cannot put the SCrambler or AMX in the same category as the King Cobra.
    You are right,,,the king cobra was from the smog era.

AMX, SCrambler and the Rebel Machine were all from the pinacle years that we consider muscle cars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information