ok so i have been building computers since i was 12..and i have never had more problems than i am having with my computer lately. So i have 4 channels avalible...originally had 0 open for pata harddrives. and channel 1 has my dvd rom and cd-rom on it...cd as master, and dvd as slave. and channel 2(sata) open and 3(sata) as my main hhd. well i had problems with my cmos battery lately...it would never keep settings...bought brand new ones....same thing...well i fixed that problem but now this channel shit...when i add a pata drive..a single drive. jumper on single/master and all of a sudden bios says channels 0-2 are empty...only my sata is discovered...so i have played around with switching channels and jumper settings C/s,slave,master and different cables. so what happens when i bring it back to the normal way..i unplug channel 0..and keep 1 as it was...it only shows the master(cd) its driving me crazy...i have reflashed the bios and i used to be able to do this(add hhd ect) very easily now its giving me nothing but headaches ...what do you think is causing these problems