Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Have never had to replace the sensor before. It is simply a Hall effect sensor that picks up the teeth on a rotor attached to the crankshaft called a "reluctor". By the spacing of the teeth on the reluctor, and the resulting pulses generated by the sensor, the PCM knows where the crankshaft is in the combustion cycle. I always thought that these were plug and play type sensors, but I could be wrong.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Ok, y'all ready for this? Well after replacing the Crankshaft Position Sensor myself, it didn't change a thing. So, I took it to the local garage, told them the symptoms, and they had it for about 6 hours on a scope, looking at waveforms, but couldn't find the issue of dying out of the blue. They kept it overnight, worked on it again Sat morning and said they found the issue in the Lingenfelter Launch Control Module.
    This is an aftermarket module that helps you come off the line consistently with a 6spd trans. It has it's own wiring harness with about 15 wires coming out. At any rate,
    they disconnected it from the system after tracing the problem to it, and waalaa,
    no more dying. Hooked it back up, and it started dying again, unhooked it, stopped dying. So, I will leave it unhooked, being that I never used it before since I bought the car 10 yrs ago. Thanks for all y'alls effort to help!!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Aftermarket add ons are always one of the first places to look. Glad you got it figured out and fixed.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Thanks Jeff. One thing I didn't think was that it would be something that I never ever used. Matter of fact, it was installed already when I bought it! Go figure!! Thanks again!

Thread Information