Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

ok

ill start a thread then... this way we dont have to fake wanting to know people... ill call it... im not going to ask a stupid repetitive ? so i can get to know everyone on here im just going to talk to you guys... lol calm down dude.. was just saying.. and yes there was a thread DIRECTLY under this one that had the same ?.... im all for talkin... but damn lol

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    theres zero reason to shift an auto. you cannot out shift the ecu
    After at least 1000 shifts of my A4 I have noted several things; 1) the ecu shifts it's own way, not mine, 2) the trans shifts with greater pressure if allowed to shift in 3 as opposed to OD, 3) no matter how much I've tried there is no engine braking if left in OD, 4) there are time when I want to control my RPM's such as on a winding road like West Virginia Rt. 250 in OD forget it. 5) left in OD the trans slips into gear, and set much harder if in 3.

Now in a straight line I use 3 instead of OD if running 1/4 mile.

PS: I wondered if it would shift into OD under WOT, yep it does! Can you say some where near 140.
    Last edited by SpurSS; 09-14-2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: incomplete

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by SpurSS View Post
    After at least 1000 shifts of my A4 I have noted several things; 1) the ecu shifts it's own way, not mine, 2) the trans shifts with greater pressure if allowed to shift in 3 as opposed to OD, 3) no matter how much I've tried there is no engine braking if left in OD, 4) there are time when I want to control my RPM's such as on a winding road like West Virginia Rt. 250 in OD forget it. 5) left in OD the trans slips into gear, and set much harder if in 3.

PS: I wondered if it would shift into OD under WOT, yep it does! Can you say some where near 140.
    I raised my line pressure 50% on my hypertech and leave it in OD when running 1/4's. Works just fine. I do however notice that at low speeds or lightly tapping the gas to crawl around the tranny tends to slip and jerk when the stock converter catches. Makes me think more and more about getting a shift kit and 3000 stall.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Seems like I read somewhere that the 2002 Z/28 / SS models got the upgraded A4 which included several improvements to make the tranny much stronger and last longer under heavy abuse .

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    Seems like I read somewhere that the 2002 Z/28 / SS models got the upgraded A4 which included several improvements to make the tranny much stronger and last longer under heavy abuse .
    Say that to Ed.

Red
    '02 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    you have lost your mind

i agree with everything else except the first about them being bullet proof, i went through 6 of the shitty 4l60's and never beat on the car, and that was in a time period of 6,000 miles with a mild HP car, my chevelle had about the same amount of HP as my camaro did and i never once replaced or rebuilt the TH350.. sorry i just do not agree with that statement...one thing goes wrong with an auto its pretty much game over for the whole thing.
    sounds like you just needed a reputable builder, 4l60's fine when built right

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by SpurSS View Post

hook car up to hp tuners and it will shift and whatnot at what you set it .
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    hook car up to hp tuners and it will shift and whatnot at what you set it .
    I just had my car dyno tuned today by Hugger Orange SS (Rocky Mountain section). Shifts alot better without that shitty hypertech on there. Can't beat Hptuners in the hands of a skilled tuner thats for damn sure.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    I just had my car dyno tuned today by Hugger Orange SS (Rocky Mountain section). Shifts alot better without that shitty hypertech on there. Can't beat Hptuners in the hands of a skilled tuner thats for damn sure.
    hp tuners or ls1edit makes a world of difference, thats for sure!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information