Black
    SLP Camaro SS

Camaro ls1 Throttle body spacer? Do they work?

Looks like an upgraded version of the tornado thing. I think when anything that simple claims gains of 22 hp 25 lbs of torque and 4 extra miles per gallon its pretty safe to assume its worthless.
    1998 Firebird Trans Am M6

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

TB Spacer on an EFI engine is bullshit.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

waste of money
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

If it was that great it would be on a race car or the car would have it from the factory.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

throttle body spacers are no different then Velocity stocks used on carbed engines for extra power. The spacers/stacks used on carbed engines such as funny cars, work great because they increase the ratio of volume to pressure. On fuel injected cars, I feel and believe velocity stacks/TB spacers are useless.

Also the whole Helix/tornado/air raid systems are BS, they claim to create a tornado vacuum effect in your intake to draw air in faster. When in reality all they do is cause air turbulence which decreases HP. Look at any velocity stock on a funny car they are machined to be as smooth as a hot chics ass.

Image if your exhaust manifolds, and cylinder heads where ported with that spiral mold, the car would run like shit and sound like an import!!

The tornado effect never made sense to me for a V8 or even a V6. It makes the air swirl which would make it harder for the air to split apart and go into each cylinder. In my opinion It may work on like a 4 cylinder or an inline 6 because the cylinders are all in line with each other but I doubt it would help any motor. It may help get better gas mileage because it would probably help loss power. Wasnt there a huge flame on these things a while ago?

blk
    05 LS1

I saw somewhere that there was a throttle body spacer that had the swirl in it, but also had injection ports. That would be helpful to me since I am about to experiment with water/alcohol inj. Any body know of such a throttle body spacer?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

it's a waste...their only good on "wet" manifold motors, like a carb or TBI.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7
    throttle body spacers are no different then Velocity stocks used on carbed engines for extra power. The spacers/stacks used on carbed engines such as funny cars, work great because they increase the ratio of volume to pressure. On fuel injected cars, I feel and believe velocity stacks/TB spacers are useless.

Also the whole Helix/tornado/air raid systems are BS, they claim to create a tornado vacuum effect in your intake to draw air in faster. When in reality all they do is cause air turbulence which decreases HP. Look at any velocity stock on a funny car they are machined to be as smooth as a hot chics ass.

Image if your exhaust manifolds, and cylinder heads where ported with that spiral mold, the car would run like shit and sound like an import!!
    You might as well go into your bathroom take out your girlfriends/wife/your own hair dryer out and tape it on to your TB..........homemade ram air.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

It's amazing what people will buy based on the claims of ads. I have a friend whose brother swears the Tornado gives his Ford 25 more HP. Any of you know someone like this? Or are there any of you who have one or have tried one (and will admit it)?

Thread Information