Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Picked up a Walther CCP

So I recently got the itch to get another smaller 9mm. After holding 12 or 13 different guns including the smaller versions of my M&P I decided on the Walther CCP. Feels awesome in the hand, has a fixed barrel with a delayed gas blow back system, extremely accurate, and very little recoil. Pulling the slide back is beyond easy because the spring is so light thanks to the gas system it uses. Trigger is also pretty good but has a pretty long reset "I'm really used to 1911's so I won't complain too much" but the trigger is not as good as a PPQ if you've ever shot one of those...those are called the Snipers Pistol for a reason. Very happy with it so far tho. Put 100 rounds through it Saturday with zero issues. Not one...

One and only complaint is that this is the first and only gun I've ever owned that requires a special tool to break it down...but the accuracy, look, feel, and recoil more than make up for that.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...I fondled one at the NRA meetings/exhibits, ...good on the styling and ergo, ...but didn't like the trigger... as you mentioned the PPQ has an awesome trigger, ..wish they'd make that in a compact...

let us know how it performs out over time!

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...I fondled one at the NRA meetings/exhibits, ...good on the styling and ergo, ...but didn't like the trigger... as you mentioned the PPQ has an awesome trigger, ..wish they'd make that in a compact...

let us know how it performs out over time!
    I also gave the PPS a shot and I liked the feel and trigger of the CCP a pretty decent amount more...The PPS was too skinny for my hand and the mag release was that weird European design and I wasn't crazy about that. if I was going full size, PPQ would be the way to go assuming I was looking at only a Walther...those triggers are so nice its ridiculous. Over all, the feel of this gun compared to the XDS, baby glock, and M&P shield was hands down better for me. If you cant tell, I love how this gun feels in my hands

Once I get used to it I think I might make this my primary carry gun for a while. Usually keep a big gun or extended magazine within reach tho
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 07-13-2015 at 03:36 PM.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I also gave the PPS a shot and I liked the feel and trigger of the CCP a pretty decent amount more...The PPS was too skinny for my hand and the mag release was that weird European design and I wasn't crazy about that. if I was going full size, PPQ would be the way to go assuming I was looking at only a Walther...those triggers are so nice its ridiculous. Over all, the feel of this gun compared to the XDS, baby glock, and M&P shield was hands down better for me. If you cant tell, I love how this gun feels in my hands

Once I get used to it I think I might make this my primary carry gun for a while. Usually keep a big gun or extended magazine within reach tho
    ..yep, ditto the critique of the PPS, ...seems like it would be rather unpleasant to have to use it...

..as far as the fit/feel, ...that's what really matters...

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

So I recently got the itch to get another smaller 9mm. After holding 12 or 13 different guns including the smaller versions of my M&P I decided on the Walther CCP. Feels awesome in the hand, has a fixed barrel with a delayed gas blow back system, extremely accurate, and very little recoil. Pulling the slide back is beyond easy because the spring is so light thanks to the gas system it uses. Trigger is also pretty good but has a pretty long reset "I'm really used to 1911's so I won't complain too much" but the trigger is not as good as a PPQ if you've ever shot one of those...those are called the Snipers Pistol for a reason. Very happy with it so far tho. Put 100 rounds through it Saturday with zero issues. Not one...

One and only complaint is that this is the first and only gun I've ever owned that requires a special tool to break it down...but the accuracy, look, feel, and recoil more than make up for that.

Click for full size
    I saw one of these at my local gun store for 349.99 If it shoots that well it may be worth picking up. Only trouble is the 5 month wait here in NJ for a pistol purchase permit.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    I saw one of these at my local gun store for 349.99 If it shoots that well it may be worth picking up. Only trouble is the 5 month wait here in NJ for a pistol purchase permit.
    $349??? Thats a damn good price. Finding these for under $400 is pretty hard to do in general. Even Bud's Gun Shop online has it listed at $420 most of the time.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

$349??? Thats a damn good price. Finding these for under $400 is pretty hard to do in general. Even Bud's Gun Shop online has it listed at $420 most of the time.
    It is preowned.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Nice looking gun. Do compacts usually have issues with only putting a small number of rounds through them? Just asking because you mentioned 0 issues after 100 rounds and to me, I'd expect that of any gun. I have put thousands of rounds so far through my Glock without an issue.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Nice looking gun. Do compacts usually have issues with only putting a small number of rounds through them? Just asking because you mentioned 0 issues after 100 rounds and to me, I'd expect that of any gun. I have put thousands of rounds so far through my Glock without an issue.
    I was just saying it had no issues. I've got thousands of rounds through most my guns but this one is still new lol but no, it shouldn't have any issues with large amounts of rounds.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I figured that's what you meant lol. I need to go shopping again soon myself. Then again, I haven't been to the range in a good 6-7 months now. Getting deprived.

Black / White

Put another 100 rounds through it today and its starting to free up really nice. Gets smoother and smoother with every round. Really liking this gun so far.

Thread Information