2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

looking for a nice semi custom 1911

Looking for a nice 1911.. Nighthawk is what I want but cant afford looking in the $900 to $1500 range. I have herd nothing but good reviews on the New Doublestar 1911 http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/58661

and Have been throughly impressed with my Doublestar M-4.. Does anyone have one of these? If not whats another you all recomend.. I know colt and Kimber but I Like being a little different.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Some folks bad mouth them but I like my Sig 1911. The newer manufacture units have worked out the kinks.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/69634

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Nighthawks are great, but the cheaper models are still in the 2k range. They are overkill for any average shooter. Its like buying an enzo, yes you now have one of the highest end badass cars but 99% or drivers cant even drive it at half its potential. Really I know you said you wanna be different but Kimber is the best in that price range. They have atleast a dozen models that fall in that price range and have custom parts in them from kimber.

Para-Ordnance is also good but alot of people say there quality has gotten worse since the moved where the guns are made. But I have only shot 1 and don't know this from personal experience.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Springfield loaded.
    Many of my fellow IDPA buddies run them.

Black
    1997 Firehawk LT4

+1 on the Springfield.

Of course, I have a Colt 80 Series Gold Cup I'd like to move on to a new home, too...

99white/ 78 blk&gold
    1999 30thTrans Am&78 T/A

i have a Kimber ultra carry II and love it. i also have a Para limited 14 in stainless ... its also a great gun . i saw the previous post about their quality. i have never had an issue. i actually got this one in trade on a sig. i was not impressed by the sig at all. but like you said everyone has their favorites. mine is Kimber all the way. also might add i know its not a 1911 but for the money M&P .45 is a good gun too. i love mine.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

After an exhaustive search went with a S&W 1911pd with the desert tan crimson trace grips, Has a full size frame with 4.25 barrel... Glad I did awesome gun, light (has a Scadmium frame), perfect for carry and fits my hand like a glove..

Wayyyyyyy to many people I have talked to are very disappointed in their Kimbers and this gun came with very high reviews from a number of different forums, people and several gun shops I talked to.

Highly recommend it..

think I am going to sell my Springfield xd now...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15090
    Last edited by Jays00ss; 11-28-2010 at 02:06 AM.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

They just come out with the .45 springfield XDM, and they have some really nice 1911's. But I would go with kimber probably if I had that kind of money to spend on a gun, but their is no way I could justify spending that much money on a pistol lol, I will stick to my xdm lol!!!

oh shit missed that last post lol, But damn I like that 45, have you shot it yet?

Silence Is Not Golden. stolenthunder's Avatar

Blue
    1998, Trans Am

Nothing against Kimber, the S&W is a good gun.

Your next problem is going to be keeping it fed. You'll want to burn up every bit of ammo you can get your hands on.

Silence Is Not Golden. stolenthunder's Avatar

Blue
    1998, Trans Am

You know what goes really good with a 1911?

Not mine. If I didn't already have an SWR Trident and love 9mm so much, I would go for that exact setup. The Osprey is an incredible product.

I'm on the market next for an AAC Element and eagerly waiting to see what Silencerco does with the centerfire rifle suppressors they're coming out with later on.
    Last edited by stolenthunder; 11-28-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: image way too big.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    After an exhaustive search went with a S&W 1911pd with the desert tan crimson trace grips, Has a full size frame with 4.25 barrel... Glad I did awesome gun, light (has a Scadmium frame), perfect for carry and fits my hand like a glove..

Wayyyyyyy to many people I have talked to are very disappointed in their Kimbers and this gun came with very high reviews from a number of different forums, people and several gun shops I talked to.

Highly recommend it..

think I am going to sell my Springfield xd now...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15090

Thats crazy because I have literally spoken with 50 people at the range who have kimbers and not one had a single thing bad to say. But guns are like cars there are people with good and bad stories for each one.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I hear bad shit about Kimber on the gun forums myself. Wanna gamble may as well get the Taurus PT1911. I'm kind of anti-Taurus but a guy at the range had one of these and I must admit it was sexy. He had no issues with it.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I hear bad shit about Kimber on the gun forums myself. Wanna gamble may as well get the Taurus PT1911. I'm kind of anti-Taurus but a guy at the range had one of these and I must admit it was sexy. He had no issues with it.
    All i hear is bad things about taurus. How its cheap and a ruger for the same prices is a much better gun. My buddies barrel has alot of play in his taurus .45. The guys at the gun smith also say there repair book is full of taurus and as far as brands go thats the brand they repair the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    All i hear is bad things about taurus. How its cheap and a ruger for the same prices is a much better gun. My buddies barrel has alot of play in his taurus .45. The guys at the gun smith also say there repair book is full of taurus and as far as brands go thats the brand they repair the most.
    i have a taurus .45 (1911) and NEVER had one problem with it...it shoots toe to toe with my glock .45

as said already...there just like everything else some people like them and some people dont

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The guys who are using the gunsmith you speak of are fucking idiots. Taurus has a no questions asked, lifetime warranty. Which I have used twice. First time on a new 24/7(came back with a new barrel and is extremely accurate), second on a used 24/7 with a broken extractor.

I've owned 7 Taurus guns and have nothing bad to say about them.
    When you out-produce all major manufacturers, 3-1, you will have more warranty work than all other manufacturers.

As for anything wrong with Kimber, I loved both of mine. Pro carry 2, 45. Stainless target 2,10mm. Both exceptional pistols.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Somebody went and got all fancy on us.......

Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    Somebody went and got all fancy on us.......
    i know lol...WTF...he cant roll with us no more lol

blue
    83 mustang 347

Jay, very nice S&W. I'd love for them to start making a model without the external extractor

Thread Information