All Blog Entries

1. help with cam

I am in the process of rebuilding my 98 trans am due to crank walking I was thinking about doing a cam among other things money provided. But have been told if I change the cam at all I will have to reprogram the computer. Anyone with any experience on this. Also thinking about headers and a new intake manifold. And one have other suggestions for hp gain with out breaking the bank.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Anyone have a car built by SPEED INC or another Perf. Shop?

I purchased a 99 Formula WS6 that was built and supposedly sold by SPEED INC of the Chicago area. Im slowly finding out whats been done to the car and so far I know it has LS6 cylinder heads and intake manifold, a larger throttle body and different ram airbox cover with a snorkel with a Ford part nuber on it. Nice job for the most part, SLP headers and full exhaust, ignition wire upgrade, auto transmission has been upgraded with at least a shift kit and cat converter/egr delete. This car is a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blown engine, swap/rebuild questions

OK. I have a 2002 Ws6, do not know what happened but my engine started knocking and then seized. I took it to a shop and it is done. So my options they told me are to either get a used Ls1 engine for around $2,200 and and put it in or they said they can get me a brand new rebuilt Ls6 engine for $3,200. They also said a rebuilt Ls1 is around the same price. They are saying $1,750 for the labor. I plan on keeping the car so selling it is out of the question.

Here are my questions: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. cx racing turbo

Anyone ever or know someone who is using this this kit on an ls1 fbody? If so are they worth the $$$?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Which Heads are better

I'm in the market to buy heads and cam, and am going to get the work done. The heads that have been suggested AFR LSX heads, custom grind cam they said they wont give me the specs until I have made the purchase. Hmmm. Seems fishy to me, is this common practice and how do the AFR heads compare to the Trick Flow Heads I see online?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast